Please plan to attend the Police FCU 2014 Annual Business Meeting
Saturday, April 12, from 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
at FOP Lodge 89 in Upper Marlboro, MD
(2905 Old Largo Road Upper Marlboro, MD 20772)
This will be a business meeting format and reception with light breakfast buffet.
Reception/breakfast from 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m., Business Meeting from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
• Review the highlights of 2013
• Discuss plans for 2014
• Board of Directors Elections
Police FCU Annual Meeting Board of Directors Elections
Police FCU will have three positions on the Board of Directors up for election this year. Each
position is for a three-year term. Eligible voting members will receive ballots and vote during
the Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 12, 2014; however, if the number of nominees equals
the number of positions to be filled, no election will be conducted. There will be no
nominations from the floor.
The following candidates have indicated their desire to continue to serve on the Board of Directors:
• Mr. Henry Banks, incumbent*
• Mr. Frank Gallagher, incumbent
• Mr. Clay Goldston, incumbent
*Appointed by the Board of Directors to fill a vacancy; the person elected to fill this position will complete the remaining two years of a three-year term.
Members who are interested in being considered for positions on the Board of Directors
must submit a letter to the chairman of the nominating committee that includes: a
statement of qualifications, biographical vitae, and a statement of initial agreement to
serve if elected. Prospective candidates must also submit a petition with no less than
100 signatures of Police FCU members who are in good standing.
Eligibility requirements for nomination are as follows:
1. Must have a minimum of five years membership and be in good standing with Police FCU.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age by the date of the Annual Meeting (April 12, 2014).
3. Cannot have been convicted of a crime involving dishonesty or breach of trust.
Other considerations for these roles include:
• A history of demonstrating good judgment in personal finances.
• Demonstration of the ability to evaluate complex financial documents and reports in order
to make informed policy decisions.
• A commitment to volunteering without compensation, working long hours, and attending
meetings and training sessions regularly.
• Although not required, a volunteer history with Police FCU is highly favored.
All letters for nominations must be received by 12:00 p.m. on March 5, 2014 at the
Chairman, Nominating Committee
Police Federal Credit Union
9100 Presidential Parkway
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
To attain an accurate head count for seating, we ask that you please RSVP by phone (301.817.1200)
Please remember, this is a Police FCU members-only function.