• Review the highlights of 2010
• Discuss plans for 2011
• Board of Directors Elections
Due to the declining number of attendees at the past few annual meetings, Police FCU will introduce a business meeting format and reception with light fare.
To attain an accurate headcount for seating, we ask that you please RSVP by phone (301.817.1200) or email (email@example.com) before April 4, 2011, if you plan on attending.
Police FCU Annual Meeting Board of Directors Elections
Police FCU will have two positions on the Board of Directors up for election this year. Each position is for a three-year term. Eligible voting members will receive ballots and vote during the Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 16, 2011.
The Board appointed nominating committee of Mr. Junis Fletcher, Sgt. Ernest Grant, and Mr. Stanley Organ, met in December of 2010 and have nominated the following candidates for consideration for positions on the Board of Directors this year:
• Mr. Clay Goldston, incumbent
• Mr. Frank Gallagher, incumbent
Members who are interested in being considered for positions on the Board of Directors must submit a letter to the chairman of the nominating committee that includes: a statement of qualifications, biographical vitae, and a statement of initial agreement to serve if elected. Prospective candidates must also submit a petition with no less than 100 signatures of Police FCU members who are in good standing. There will be no nominations from the floor.
Eligibility requirements for nomination are as follows:
1. Must have a minimum of five years membership and be in good standing with Police FCU.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age by the date of the Annual Meeting (April 16, 2011).
3. Cannot have been convicted of a crime involving dishonesty or breach of trust.
Other considerations for these roles include:
• A history of demonstrating good judgment in personal finances.
• Demonstration of the ability to evaluate complex financial documents and reports in order to make informed policy decisions.
• A commitment to volunteering without compensation, working long hours, and attending meetings and training sessions regularly.
• Although not required, a volunteer history with Police FCU is highly favored.
All letters for nominations must be received by 12:00 p.m. on March 8, 2011 at the following address:
Chairman, Nominating Committee
Police Federal Credit Union
9100 Presidential Parkway
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772