Police FCU membership is a privilege earned and shared by those who serve in law enforcement - sworn officers and department or agency civilian employees, and also extended to their immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren).
Currently, those eligible to join Police FCU include:
- Law enforcement personnel (sworn officers and civilian employees) within the Greater Metropolitan Washington Area* law enforcement agencies & departments - active duty, recruits in training and retirees (click here for current list of eligible departments and agencies)
- Immediate family members of Police FCU members
- Police FCU employees and their immediate family members
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership
Once a member, always a member**
Retiring? Moving? You can keep your Police FCU account! We offer convenient services that allow you to access your accounts and funds wherever you are.
We do direct deposit of paychecks, pension checks and social security checks. You can access your funds via online banking, toll-free phone, checking, check cards and ATMs.
- Eligible for membership? Looking for a better place for your financial future?
Click the, "Apply For Membership Now" button at the bottom of the page, print and fill out the application and bring it in or mail it to get your account started!
Membership Application (in person):
Complete and sign the application. Please be sure to fill in all the information and please print.
To verify your identity and membership eligibility, you will need to provide: a valid state issued photo ID, such as your driver's license and your work identification or association membership card. If you are the immediate family of a Police FCU member, you will be asked to provide the name and relationship status of your sponsor (current Police FCU member). Also, bring a check or money order for your initial deposit (optional).
If Mailing in Your Application:
We will need notarized copies of your identification, as described above.
1. Enclose a notarized photocopy of a government issued photo ID, such as your driver's license. This is a requirement to open the account.
2. To verify your membership eligibility, enclose a notarized photocopy of your work identification or association membership card (notarized copies of identification can be on the same sheet). If you are the immediate family of a Police FCU member, you will need to also submit the name and relationship status of your sponsor (the current Police FCU member).
3. Print & fill the Overdraft Coverage form (click the link under the "Apply For Membership Now!" button), opting in or opting out, and submit along with completed membership application.
4. Enclose a check or money order for your initial deposit (optional).
5. Mail your completed application and all required document copies to:
Police Federal Credit Union
9100 Presidential Parkway
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
If you have questions about the application or acceptable forms of identification, please call us at 301.817.1200
Important information about opening a new account - USA Patriot Act
***Overdraft Coverage Form***
*Eligible geographic areas include: those serving in federal, state, local, county, and municipal agencies or departments engaged in law enforcement in the District of Columbia (including officers, regardless of field location, of federal law enforcement agencies headquartered in Washington, DC); Prince George's County, Montgomery County, Calvert County and Frederick County, Maryland; Fairfax County, Loudon County, Arlington County, Prince William County and the Independent Cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, Manassas, and Manassas Park, Virginia. (This includes: Government criminal investigation offices, Police departments, Drug enforcement agencies, The FBI, Federal police services, Highway patrols, Government marshals' offices, Sheriffs' and constables' offices, State police, Park police, Correctional facilities, Transportation security agencies and Metro Transit Police)
**Accounts must be in good standing